AVG Technologies Norway AS, former Norman Safeground AS ("Norman"/"we"/"us").
Strandveien 15, 1366 Lysaker.
Company registration number 998 527 864.
2. Personal data that we collect
When you use Norman Products, we may collect a variety of information that may be linked to you as an individual, including:
- information provided through your contact with us (such as name, email address, address, phone number);
- information about our communication with you (such as customer support requests and feedback from you);
- information that we get from your use of our products collected through our software (such as information on the settings and location of your operating system, hardware configuration and status and statistics regarding the use of installed Norman Products);
- information that we get from your use of our Online Backup services, including file system information (such as the names of catalogues and files and the IP address this information is sent from);
- information related to error recovery (such as information on computer processes, performance data, the name of the file which was processed when the error occurred, cryptographic number, supplier information, URL addresses and search history);
- IP address and MAC address (Media Information Control) and other general statistical information; and
- information we collect from third parties subject to your consent and/or applicable law.
We will not collect your contact information, such as your name, address and e-mail address, automatically, and will only process such information when you have provided it to us directly, e.g. through your contact with our customer services. We will not access any content of your files stored through our back up services.
3. How we use your personal data
Norman uses your personal data to provide and improve Norman Products which you use. In particular, we may use your personal data to:
- manage your customer relationship with us;
- communicate with you, including responding to your queries and feedback and sending you important notices such as errors to Norman Products;
- investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and violations of the End User License Agreement, other service specific terms, and applicable laws;
- license administration, product analysis and improvements to product functionality;
- identify and reduce potential threats at an early stage; and
- error recovery.
We may also use aggregated and anonymous information for any internal or external purpose, in particular to improve the overall quality of Norman Products.
- Session ID Cookies in order to confirm that a user is logged in. The cookies will expiry when the web browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies in order to track user activity on Norman's product specific websites. The cookies are stored on your computer but cannot be used to identify you.
5. How we may share your personal data
Norman may share your information as set out below or as otherwise permitted by your specific consent or required by applicable laws:
- We may share information with third parties performing services on our behalf, such as the provision of customer service or analytics services, to the extent required for their provision of such services.
- We may share information with Norman's subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may share information with third parties to improve their own services to the extent you have given us your consent to do so.
- We may share information with third parties if reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law or governmental requests, and to detect, prevent and enforce unauthorised use of Norman Products.
We may also share aggregated and anonymous information with third parties for any internal or external purpose.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Third parties who receive personal information from Norman will be required to protect your privacy, including treating your personal data in accordance with applicable law and with an adequate level of data security.
We may transfer your personal data to other countries, including countries outside of the European Economic Area where applicable laws do not necessarily provide the same level of data protection as in your own country. Norman will ensure that the recipients of personal data in such countries maintain an adequate level of information security.
6. How we secure your personal data
Norman has implemented technical, physical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, Norman cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your information for improper purposes.
We encourage you to be cautious with the information you include when contacting us by e-mail or other non-secure means of communication, in particular with respect to sensitive personal data and other information which may be used for improper purposes by unauthorised third parties.
7. How we store your personal data
Norman will only store your personal data while you are using Norman Products, or as long as required for business, tax or legal purposes.
8. Your rights
You may contact our customer service by email or by phone at +1 844 259 8811 in order to receive information on personal data about you that we store and process. You may also request that we correct or delete incorrect personal information.
Norman reserves the right to retain storage of data as required by applicable laws.