How to reinstall AVG
Reinstalling AVG means uninstalling it, and then installing it again. This can be helpful when troubleshooting specific situations. Reinstalling your AVG will also remove your AVG settings. To simply repair your AVG follow the instructions in the article How to repair AVG.
To reinstall AVG:
A: Uninstall AVG using AVG Remover:
- Save all your work and close all documents. Your computer will need to be restarted.
- Download the AVG Remover tool, and then run it.
- Follow the instructions to remove AVG.
B: Install AVG:
- Visit the AVG downloads page at www.avg.com/download.
- Find your product in the list and click Paid version (if you purchased AVG), Trial version or Free version depending on the product you are installing.
- Note: If you are asked whether to run or save the file, select Save, or Save as, and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file, and then follow the instructions.
When prompted, insert your AVG license number. We recommend inserting the number using copy&paste.
Note: If you have lost your license number, you can request it using the License retrieval form.
- Finish the installation and restart your computer.
I want to know more: Read user guide