How to restore or remove a file from the Virus Vault
The purpose of the Virus Vault is to safely store the files removed by AVG for a certain period of time, so that you can make sure you do not need the file any more. If you find out that the missing file is causing problems, you can restore it to its original location.
To access the AVG Virus Vault and the files stored in it:
- Open the AVG program.
- Open menu Options.
- Select Virus Vault.
- Select the file that you wish to restore or to delete permanently.
- If needed, click Details to display more information about the removed infection.
Restoring files from the Virus Vault
- Restore - moves the infected file to its original location
- Restore as - moves the infected file to a selected folder
- You can Restore or Restore as multiple items at a time; highlight them in the list (by holding down Ctrl+arrow, or Shift while selecting individual items with your mouse) and press the respective button. If some of the selected items are not restored successfully, these will remain highlighted in the list.
- If the file was originally an email attachment, its original location is a temporary folder which might be tricky to find on your harddisk. For this reason, only the Restore as feature will be available for email attachments.
- Registry keys can be only restored back to original location (i.e. only the Restore button will work).
Deleting files from the disk permanently
- Delete - completely and irreversibly removes the file from the disk.
- Empty Vault - removes all files from the Virus Vault. By removing the files from the Virus Vault, these files are completely and irreversibly removed from the disk (not moved to the Recycle Bin).
I want to know more: Read user guide