How to exclude a file or folder from the AVG Resident Shield detection
In certain situations, you may wish to define exceptions in AVG, so that AVG will ignore certain files, folders or websites. You need to set up an exception in AVG Resident Shield settings in the situation when the AVG real-time protection triggers a warning about a file or program, which is actually safe, or when you run e.g. a database on your computer which needs to be excluded from the anti-virus control.
Warning: Please always make sure that the file or program in question really is absolutely safe!
To exclude a file or folder from the Resident Shield detection:
- Open your AVG program.
- From the Options menu, select Advanced settings.
- In the left pane, select Exceptions.
- In the right pane, click Add exception.
- In the drop-down menu, select exception type - File or Folder.
- Browse to the file or folder that you want to exclude.
- Select whether you want to apply the exception also for other AVG components.
- Click OK to save details of the exception.
- Click OK again to save the settings.
I want to know more: Read user guide