Using AVG Admin Server as a local web server for central update in network
To enable update mirroring (centralized update) support, please run the AVG Admin Server Deployment Wizard from menu Start - Programs - AVG 2012 Remote administration.
On the second page of the wizard select both DataCenter role and UpdateProxy role check boxes, and then proceed further with the wizard:
- You can backup your current database, although its contents will not be affected in any way.
- Click Keep existing DataCenter database.
- Specify the folder to be used for storing the downloaded update files on the server.
- Adjust or confirm the order of the update servers - this configuration will be transferred to the clients once the wizard is completed.
- The order of the servers specifies their priority - if one is not available, the next one is used
- The central update files are available at http://[server_name_or_IP]:4158/avgupdate
Now, the clients will be able to update from this AVG Admin Server. In case of any problems, you can test the availability of the AVG Admin Server by accessing the following website from one of the clients:
Note: If you want to use only the UpdateProxy function of the AVG Admin Server, please:
- Skip the DataCenter role settings.
- Set the clients manually (or by using another DataCenter / AVG Admin Server) to update from the server http://[server_name_or_IP]:4158/avgupdate
I want to know more: Read user guide
- Support Center
- Technical FAQ
- AVG 2013
- AVG 2012
- AVG 2011
- AVG 9.0
- AVG 8.5
- AVG PC Tuneup
- AVG Family Safety
- AVG Rescue CD
- AVG Identity Protection
- AVG Mobile Security
- AVG for Linux
- General Guides
- Virus FAQ
- Sales FAQ
- Technical FAQ
- Video Tutorials