Transfering license number to a new computer
To transfer your AVG license from your old computer to a new one, please follow these steps:
First, uninstall AVG from the old computer:
- On the taskbar, click Start -> Programs -> AVG 2011.
- Click Uninstall AVG 2011, and then complete the uninstallation wizard.
Now install AVG on the new computer:
Go to the AVG download page for the latest installation file.
- Click the name of the AVG edition you have purchased.
- Click the orange Download button.
- If you are asked, please save the file to your computer. We recommend you to save the file on your Desktop.
- Double-click the AVG installation file on your Desktop.
- Follow the installation wizard.
- When prompted, use the copy&paste method to enter your AVG License Number.
You can also find more detailed installation instructions (including screenshots) in the AVG Installation Guide.
AVG 2011 should now be successfully installed and protecting your new computer.
- If the installation was not successful, please refer to FAQ 3262 for help with common issues.
- You can also contact AVG Customer Services for help installing AVG.
I want to know more: Read user guide