What to do when I suspect an undetected file is infected?
If you come across an application or file that you believe is infected but it is not detected by AVG, please submit it for analysis:
- Visit the page http://samplesubmit.avg.com.
- In Choose an appropriate request type select Malware for analysis.
- Fill in Details about the problem.
- Click Choose file, browse to the suspicious file, and then click Open.
- Fill in Your e-mail address, type the Verification code, and then click Submit query.
- We will analyze the file and provide you with the result.
Note: The form has a file size limit of 20 MB. In case the suspicious file you wish to submit is larger, please send it in a password-protected archive to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the password for the archive in the e-mail.
I want to know more: Read user guide