How to update AVG
AVG automatically updates on a regular basis, ensuring that your protection is always up-to-date. If you need to make sure that you have the latest updates installed, you can start the update process manually.
A. Update AVG from the Internet
- Open AVG program.
- Click Update now.
If there are new update files available, AVG will download these files and update itself automatically.
B. Updating AVG offline (from a local directory)
If you need to update your AVG from local disk (e.g. when the Internet connection is not available), follow these steps:
- Find a computer that has the Internet connection, and go to www.avg.com/update.
- Select the update files you need (typically Virus definitions and All necessary modules for your operating system) and download them to a portable media, e.g. a USB flashdisk.
- Insert the flashdisk into your computer.
- Open your AVG program.
- In the menu Options, click Update from directory.
- Navigate to the flashdisk drive or to the location where you stored the update files, and click OK.
Note: It is NOT possible to update AVG from folders in the following locations:
- shared folders (without access rights for Everyone or System)
- substituted drives
- emulated drives
- other resources with limited access for System account
I want to know more: Read user guide
- Support Center
- Technical FAQ
- AVG Security Products
- AVG PC Tuneup
- Legacy AVG products
- AVG Family Safety
- AVG LiveKive
- AVG Rescue CD
- AVG Mobile apps
- AVG for Linux
- AVG for Mac
- General Guides
- AVG CloudCare
- Virus FAQ
- Sales FAQ
- Technical FAQ
- Video Tutorials