How often should I scan my computer?
Recommended frequency for launching a scan of the whole computer is once a week.
To enable the automatic scan or schedule your own regular scan:
- Open the AVG program.
- Next to the Scan now button, click the Scan Options.
- Click Manage scheduled scans.
A list of planned tasks will be displayed:
- Select an existing scheduled scan and click Edit scan schedule to adjust an existing plan; or
- Click Add scan schedule if you want to create a new plan.
- Make sure that the switch on the top of the window is set to Enabled.
Adjust the time of the regular scan according to your needs.
Note: You can acces more detailed options also by clicking Settings and Location in the left menu.
- Click Save.
I want to know more: Read user guide