How to transfer your AVG to a new computer
If you got a new computer as a replacement for your old one, you can move your AVG to your new computer to stay protected. It is not necessary to purchase a new license. Simply transfer your AVG license number to your new computer:
A. First, uninstall AVG from your old computer.
Tip: If the old computer is not working anymore and you cannot access it, there is no need to remove AVG from it.
To uninstall AVG from the old computer:
- Go to Start -> (Settings) -> Control Panel.
- Open (Programs) -> Programs and Features, or Add or Remove Programs.
- Select AVG in the list of programs.
- Click the Uninstall or Change/Remove button.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the uninstallation.
B. Now install AVG on your new computer:
- Go to www.avg.com/download.
- Find your product in the list and click Paid version (if you purchased AVG), Trial version or Free version depending on the product you are installing.
- If you are asked whether to run or save the file, save the file to your computer. We recommend to save the file on your Desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and when prompted, insert your license number. We recommend to use the copy&paste method.
- Complete the installation and restart your computer if prompted. Your new computer will now be protected by AVG.
Tip: You can also find detailed installation instructions (including pictures) in our AVG Installation Guide. If the installation was not successful, please refer to FAQ 5175 for help with common issues.
I want to know more: Read user guide