How to install AVG on an infected computer
If you think you have a virus on your computer, you can still install AVG by following the standard steps described in the article FAQ 5000 - How to download and install AVG.
If it is not possible to install AVG this way because of an infection, please install AVG in Safe Mode:
- Restart your computer into Safe Mode. See FAQ 2324: How to reboot your computer to the Safe mode for details.
- Download the latest installation file from www.avg.com/download and run it.
- Follow the installation wizard and when asked, enter your license number (we recommend using the copy&paste method when entering the license number).
- Complete the installation of the AVG program.
Note: AVG installation in Safe Mode is recommended in emergency cases only (e.g. when the computer is infected). Since the Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode of the Windows operating system, there are some limitations for such AVG installation:
- AVG Firewall will not be installed. You can add the Firewall component later, as described in the article FAQ 5174 - How to add or remove features in AVG.
- It is only possible to run the AVG scan as described in FAQ 5192 - Running AVG in safe mode.
I want to know more: Read user guide