How to upgrade to AVG 2014 when you already have an older AVG version
If you are using an older version of AVG, e.g. AVG 8.5, 9.0, 2011, 2012 or 2013 you can easily upgrade to the latest version of AVG. You can install AVG 2014 for no additional cost, and your license expiration date will not be affected.
Before upgrading AVG please see the article How to prepare your computer for installation of AVG.
To upgrade to AVG 2014:
- Go to www.avg.com/download.
- Find your product in the list and click Paid version (if you purchased AVG), Trial version or Free version depending on the product you are installing.
- If you are asked whether to run or save the file, select Save or Save as. We recommend to download the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Your old AVG will be uninstalled automatically, and a reboot may be required to finalize the process. After the reboot, installation of AVG will continue.
- Follow the instructions on your screen.
- Complete the installation and restart your computer when prompted.
Your computer will now be protected by AVG 2014.
I want to know more: Read user guide