Using AVG together with other security software products
We do not recommend using AVG together with other security software. If you start installing AVG and a conflicting application is detected, you will be informed about this. The message will contain the name of the application and a suggestion to remove it.
Even in situations where no message is shown during installation of AVG, or if you install a conflicting security software after you've installed AVG, you may encounter an incorrect behavior from one or all security programs, such as:
- Errors when running a scan or removing an infection.
- False detection of parts of the conflicting application.
- Incorrect detection of viruses, or undetected viruses.
- Issues with Internet connection, access to email and other web services.
Examples of potentially conflicting security applications are:
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Norton products
- McAfee products
- Avast products
- Avira products
To troubleshoot situations with a conflicting software, please visit the article How to uninstall conflicting anti-virus products, AVG installation detects already removed conflicting application and AVG conflicting applications.
I want to know more: Read user guide