AVG 2011 Home Security products
Installing AVG 2011 Home Security products
- To install AVG 2011 for the first time, please follow these steps:
Download the latest AVG 2011 installation file from our website (once there, click the "Download" button and save the file to the Desktop):
AVG Anti-Virus 2011
AVG Internet Security 2011
AVG Premium Security
- Double-click the downloaded AVG installation file on the Desktop.
- Follow the installation wizard.
- When prompted, use the copy&paste method to enter your AVG License Number.
- If you are prompted to restart the computer, please do so.
AVG 2011 should now be successfully installed and protecting your computer.
You can find more detailed installation instructions (including screenshots) in the AVG Installation Guide.
If the installation was not successful, refer to FAQ 3262 for help with common issues.
- If AVG 9.0 is currently installed, follow the steps above. AVG will be updated automatically to the newest version. Your settings will be preserved.
- To install and activate AVG PC Tuneup, please follow the steps described in FAQ 3809.
Upgrading license if AVG 2011 is already installed
If you have AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Trial version of AVG 2011 or you have purchased an upgrade, renewal or an increase for your AVG product, please proceed as follows:
- Open the AVG Program.
- Double-click the License component.
- Click Activate.
- Use the copy&paste method to enter your new license number into the appropriate field, and then confirm.
- In case of upgrading from lower AVG edition, a window informing that your new AVG software license gives you access to additional features appears. Click Yes to add these features to your installation.
- In AVG Software Installer, choose components to be installed.
- Finish the installation of AVG.
In case of any troubles
- Check the online documentation.
- Check out our FAQ section.
- Contact AVG Customer Services via our online form.
I want to know more: Read user guide