AVG Firewall synchronization
AVG Remote Administration allows you to configure/monitor AVG Firewall settings on the client's computers. All settings values applicable for stations or groups can be defined as mandatory value or as an optional value (default settings) identical to the AVG station settings.
Within the AVG 2011 version it is possible to set as mandatory also individual items or rules. This option allows you to closely monitor the settings of AVG Firewall on client's computers in the network.
In order to ease the AVG Firewall configuration, Firewall settings does not differ from the client installation.
Firewall settings hierarchy consists of three levels:
1. Shared Firewall settings for stations
- AVG Admin Console -> Tools menu -> Shared Firewall settings for stations
Shared settings defined in Shared Firewall settings for stations always have higher priority then the others. It means, that items set as mandatory in the mentioned settings cannot be changed at any lower levels.
2. Shared Firewall settings for group
- AVG Admin Console -> right click the desired group -> Shared Firewall settings for group
Shared settings defined in Shared Firewall settings for groups have higher priority than the particular station settings, but lower than the Shared settings for stations.
3. Individual station Firewall settings
- AVG Admin Console -> right click the desired station -> Firewall settings
Particular Firewall settings for stations have the lowest priority. It means, that all items set as mandatory in higher levels (mentioned above) cannot be changed there.
What Firewall settings can be synchronized with stations?
The following options can be synchronized with stations:
- Remotely enable/disable firewall
- Security settings
- Network areas settings
- Profile switch
- Profile options (including remote profile switching)
- Application rules
- System services
- Gaming mode settings
Note: If you need to set up more defined rules as mandatory at once, you can use the multi-select option.
How to get the AVG Firewall log from a station?
In case you need to get the AVG Firewall log from a station in your network, you can access such log directly within the AVG Admin Console this way:
- Run AVG Admin Console.
- Go to Stations -> Firewalls folder and right click the desired station.
- Choose the All tasks -> Show Firewall log option.
I want to know more: Read user guide