Features of AVG Security Toolbar
Primary function of the AVG Security Toolbar is to advise about security status of pages you are visiting (using the AVG Linkscanner technology). You can also control the Linkscanner through the toolbar and quickly access the AVG user interface.
There are also other features and functions:
- Search bar - supports AVG Secure Search, Yahoo! JP, Baidu, Webhledani and Yandex search engines
- Browsing history removal - quick way to remove complete history of browsing - searches, downloads, visited pages and cookies
- RSS feed reader - can display AVG news and also local news
- Shortcuts to applications - customizable buttons for most used Windows applications such as calculator, notepad, media player or skype. To set it:
- Right click the toolbar and select Show Component -> Useful Buttons.
- Select which buttons you want to have on the toolbar and save by clicking OK.
- E-mail notification - displays new e-mails notification for Gmail, Yahoo! mail, Hotmail and any POP3 accessible email account. To set it:
- Right click the toolbar and select Show Component -> Email notifier button (unless it is already displayed).
- Click on the E-mail notifier button, settings will be displayed.
- There, please select your email account - Gmail, Yahoo! mail or Hotmail (under Other) or POP3 for connection to any other account.
- Enter your email address, password and mail server/port if required.
- Click OK. Now you will be notified about any new email and the button will display number of new e-mails.
- Facebook - provides notifications for events on your Facebook account and allows status updates and link sharing. To set it:
- Right click the toolbar and select Show Component -> Facebook button (unless it is already displayed).
- Click the Facebook button and select Login and enter your email address and password to log in.
- Once logged, the button will allow quick access to main Facebook features and will also display information about number of new friend request, inbox messages and invitations.
- Weather - displays local weather forecast. To set it:
- Right click the toolbar and select Show Component -> Weather button (unless it is already displayed).
- The button will automatically display local weather (icon and temperature normally and details when clicked).
- You can choose location for the forecast by clicking the Weather button and then Change location.
Generaly, settings can be accessed by clicking the arrow next to AVG logo and selecting Options. To set some function directly, right click on the respective button and choose Set component.
I want to know more: Read user guide