AVG Safe Surf Acceptable Use Policy
Number of Simultaneous Connections. Your subscription to our VPN product by default enables you to only use a maximum number of 2 simultaneous connections, unless you have paid for an account with more than 2 connections per account. If you exceed the number of connections on your account, we may suspend your account without notice. If you would like increase your allocated number of simultaneous connections, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may use our site or VPN product and our services only for lawful purposes. You may not abuse our site, our VPN product or any of our services, or use them in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, including, but not limited to the following:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit or access any content that infringes any contract, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- in any way which contravenes the virus and hacking provisions as set out below (Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences).
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is directed to inciting or producing imminent conduct that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and is likely to produce such conduct;
- to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- to engage in any fraud or deception;
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the system;
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or "pyramid schemes";
- to interfere with or disrupt our site or VPN product's system or servers or networks connected to our site or VPN product's system, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to our site or VPN product's system;
- to collect or store personal data about other users without their knowledge or consent;
- to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals; or
- to prevent any abuse of our system determined in our sole discretion.
We may, at our sole determination, decline to offer email support to any user who uses offensive or abusive language or is otherwise in breach of any of our terms, including this acceptable use policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site or VPN product by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site or VPN product, the server on which our site or VPN product is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or VPN product. You must not attack our site or VPN servers via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site or VPN product will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or VPN product or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.