AVG installation is failing
If you are installing AVG and the installation process fails, click Go online to learn about this issue in the AVG installation error dialogue. This will show specific instructions for the particular situation, if available.
If no specific solution is provided, please do the following:
A. Use AVG Remover to remove any previous version of AVG, or it's parts.
- Save all your work and close all documents. Your computer will need to be restarted.
- Download the AVG Remover tool.
- Run it and follow the instructions.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
B. Run AVG installation as follows:
- Visit the AVG Downloads page.
- Click on the name of your product, and then scroll down to Installation files (trial version) or Installation files (paid version) if you purchased an AVG license.
Click AVG for Windows (32bit) or AVG for Windows (64bit), based on the version of your Windows.
Note: If you download an incorrect file, the installation may fail again. You can return to this step and download the correct file at any time.
- If you are prompted whether you want to Run or Save the file, click Save, or Save as, and select your Desktop as the target folder.
- Run the downloaded file, and follow the instructions to install AVG.
AVG installation may also fail when there is a conflicting application installed on your computer, such as another anti-virus, anti-malware or internet security program. We recommend to remove any such program before installing AVG. For list of known conflicting application please see article AVG conflicting applications.
Links to removal utilities of potentially conflicting security applications is available in article Removal tools for conflicting anti-virus products.
I want to know more: Read user guide