Please be informed that this issue is resolved in the AVG 2013.0.2793 version.
Windows cannot boot to the normal mode after installing AVG 2013 in some cases. This unpleasant situation is caused by an AVGIDSAgent service. We have prepared this article with temporary solutions while developers are working on a permanent fix.
B. Disable AVGIDSAgent service.
- Boot into Windows safe mode.
- Press the Windows logo key+R or Start -> Run and type in the services.msc.
- Find the AVGIDSAgent service and open (right-click)Properties. (screenshot)
- Set Startup type to Disabled. (screenshot)
- Restart your computer to normal mode.
Note: AVG Identity Protection component will not be functional when AVG IDSAgent service is disabled. You may ignore the error state of any AVG component.