AVG 2012 not working correctly after recent program update
Under certain conditions, it is possible that AVG 2012 is not working correctly after a recent program update. You can experience the following symptoms:
- One or more AVG components are inactive, and cannot be activated in a standard way.
- AVG is requesting a restart repeatedly.
To resolve the issue, we recommend to reinstall AVG completely. Please follow these steps:
A: Uninstall AVG using AVG Remover:
Download the AVG Remover tool from our website:
If you are asked whether to run or save the file, select Save or Save as, and save the file to your Desktop.
- Save all your work and documents! Your computer will be restarted automatically during the procedure.
- Double-click the downloaded AVG Remover tool to run it.
- Your computer will be restarted. After the restart, allow the tool to remove the remaining AVG files.
B: Install new copy of AVG:
- Visit the AVG downloads page at www.avg.com/downloads.
Click on the name of your product, and then click Download.
Note: If you are asked whether to run or save the file, select Save or Save as, and save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded AVG installation file, and then follow the displayed instructions.
When prompted, insert your AVG license number. We recommend inserting the number using copy&paste.
Note: If you have lost your license number, you can request it using the License retrieval form.
- Finish the installation and restart your computer.
AVG will now work correctly again.
Quiero saber más: Leer la guía del usuario